Full Time Pharmacist Needed
Similkameen Pharmacy is a well-established independent practice, situated in the vibrant village of Keremeos. Andreen’s is an independent practice located in lovely West Kelowna. We require a full-time pharmacist to work between the two locations.
Our staff have built close relationships with our patients, other healthcare professionals and various health facilities within and around the community.
Why work here?
Our staff are committed, competent, energetic, and involved in the community. Keremeos, West Kelowna, and the surrounding area have amazing opportunities for hiking, cycling, downhill and x-country skiing, kayaking, stand-up paddle-boarding, and wine-tasting. Candidate could live in Penticton, West Kelowna, or Keremeos.
We share support staff and skill sets including wound and ostomy care, foot care, compression stocking fitting, and specialty compounding with our two other affiliated pharmacies. There is also an opportunity to expand the practice depending on the interest of the successful candidate.
- Share dispensary and clinical pharmacy duties with staff pharmacist and registered technician
- Perform medication reviews and follow-ups in the pharmacy, as well as in the community
- Assist in managing the day-to-day operations in the pharmacy
- Collaborate with other health care professionals within the community, as well as within the company
- Communicate with Interior Health Authority to ensure patients immunizations and immunization records are up to date.
Characteristics and Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Licensed and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists in BC
- Completion of CPBC Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program (2013) and/or BCPhA Opioid Agonist Treatment Compliance (can be acquired after hiring)
- Aptitude to identify and visualize professional practice opportunities
- Leadership to grow the business and develop fellow members of the team
- Motivation and commitment to practice full scope in an evidence-based approach
- The company will pay annual pharmacist registration fees with the College of Pharmacists of BC, provide a cell phone and basic plan (after probationary period is over), and offer a comprehensive medical and dental benefits plan.
Salary: $85,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
Start Date: As soon as possible
Please email your cover letter and resume to L.firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest. Please note that only those that qualify will be contacted.
This posting will stay up until the posting is filled.