Full Time Pharmacist Needed - Tumbler Ridge, BC
Seeking motivated pharmacist with sense of adventure
JOB TYPE: Full-Time Pharmacist
PHARMACY NAME AND LOCATION: Tumbler Ridge Pharmacy, Tumbler Ridge, BC
Tumbler Ridge Pharmacy is a busy independent practice located in Tumbler Ridge, BC. We require a full-time pharmacist starting as early as June. Our staff have built close relationships with our patients, other healthcare professionals and various health facilities within and around the community. Tumbler Ridge is located in a UNESCO Global Geopark and offers ample opportunities for year-round outdoor activities including hiking, x-country skiing, fishing, camping, and hunting. The community has a range of recreational facilities and associated clubs.
- Share dispensary and clinical pharmacy duties with another pharmacist
- Clinical services currently provided include medication review and follow-up, injections, prescription adaptations and smoking cessation counselling. We plan to provide MACS when the program is launched.
- Opportunities to obtain training to expand clinical services provided in the pharmacy.
- Collaborate with physicians, pharmacists and other health care providers within the community and region.
Characteristics and Qualifications of the successful candidate include:
- Licensed and in good standing with the College of Pharmacists in BC
- Completion of CPBC Methadone Maintenance Treatment Program (2013) and/or BCPhA Opioid Agonist Treatment Compliance and Management Program for Pharmacy training program as per PPP-66 (can be acquired after hiring)
- Aptitude to identify and visualize professional practice opportunities
- Leadership to grow the business and develop fellow members of the team
- Motivation and commitment to practice full scope in an evidence-based approach, including prescribing for minor ailments and contraception.
We offer a competitive wage and benefits package including covering the costs of licensure and malpractice insurance.
If you are interested in joining our team or have any questions, contact Charissa Tonnesen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org